I just finished {Week 1} of ART and I’m feeling pretty good. I was able to run on Monday (doctor’s orders) - my 1st run in over a week. My foot hurt for the first 0.5 mile but after a couple of minutes, my foot loosened up and I was able to run for 30 minutes (Dr. B said no more than 35 minutes).
My treatment consists of 10-15 minutes of electrical stimulation (stem), followed by 10 minutes of ART. ART is a patented, state of the art soft tissue system/movement based massage technique that treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves. It doesn’t always feel good, and sometimes it actually hurts, but I always walk out feeling better than when I went in. After each session, I have homework. This week I am working on bridges, with raised heels, and leg extensions. Can you picture that, if not - here you go (minus the ball in between my legs):
![]() |
| photo courtesy of www.fitsugar.com |
The treatment is fairly intense (and expensive): I go 3/week for 2 weeks, 2/week for 2 weeks. 1/week for 2 weeks and then hopefully (fingers crossed) I’m feeling good enough to go on a maintenance-only basis. Based on my first week of treatment, I am confident that Dr. B will have me running pain free within the next month (to 2 months).
Dr. B - I hope you are reading this because I want to get better sooner rather than later! {wink}

New follower...I will have to go back to read about your injury. I have done ART and I agree...kills when you are doing it but feels much better when you are done. Look forward to reading more posts!
ReplyDeleteART saved my running life! I went from not being able to run .25 of a mile to running a marathon! Hope it helps you as much as it helped me!
ReplyDeleteI'm in my third week of ART right now, so fabulous!!!
ReplyDeletei have heard so may good things about this ART! So glad it is helping! I had Graston therapy from my chiro and it hurt like CRAZY!!!
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this before! I hope it works for you :)
ReplyDeleteART got me through some major piriformis pain! I LOVE it. I hope it's as effective for you!
ReplyDeletei have had ART and it helped soo much. i think you are in good hands - this technique is so good and the fact that your doc is giving you "homework" is a good sign - you will not only loosen things up through ART but strengthen your weak areas and get to the core of the problem - healing this injury and preventing future injury. you will be better soon - hang in there i know this is hard!!
ReplyDeleteART brought me back from the near-dead. I couldn't run for 8 years (yes, years) and ART gave it back to me :) Totally swear by it. I wish you all the very best.
ReplyDeleteIt seems that ART is quite helpful for all sorts of injuries and issues! I hope it works wonders for you and you're up and running again soon! Enjoy your homework. :)
ReplyDelete