Sunday, January 24, 2010

Peace, Love and Guatemala

Even though this post is totally unrelated to running, I hope you will continue reading.

My sister Lindsey is one of the most incredible human beings to ever live! I know, I know, I’m a little biased - she is my sister - but after reading this, I think you will agree.

One week ago, Lindsey left everything - her cool job (working in Advertising/Public Relations for a Publishing Company), her cool lifestyle (living in Downtown Orlando), her cool clothes (she is a lover of 4” platform heels) and her cool family (again, a little biased)! She left everything because she felt called to do something better, something life-changing. Lindsey moved to Guatemala one week ago – she will be teaching English to the orphans of Antigua and hopes to change lives, including her own.

Lindsey started a blog to document her year-long journey in Guatemala. Less than one week into her new life, she has explored Guatemala City, Antigua and hiked a volcano.

If you are interested, you can read and follow her adventures at: Peace, Love and Guatemala!



Lindsey – if you can read this from Guatemala – I love you and I miss you!!!

20 comments:

  1. that is AWESOME! So many people talk about doing things like that - and it's great to see that someone actually took the huge step to do it! Looking forward to following her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your sister is awesome! I always have so much respect for people that can be that self-less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great!! You have quite the amazing family!

    CJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is amazing!! I will follow for sure, what an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent! Guatemala is a beautiful country. SOME day I'll get back there. The people are very humble.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so awesome!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thats amazing! Your sister sounds incredible! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so amazing! Go Lindsey!!!
    Hope you had a great weekend! Thanks for your sweet comment!!!
    XOXO,
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a truly inspiring thing! Thanks for sharing and good luck to your sister!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow sounds like an amazing adventure! I will definitely have to check out her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  11. wow, very cool! few people would/can abandon their life to follow their dreams. very admirable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is GREAT! How amazing for your sister to be able to do something so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cool. Mission work is on my bucket list. Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. First - your sister is georgous!
    Second - that's so cool. I popped over and her pictures are stunning. She is going to bless so many lives!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very inspirational post...I just wanted to comment on the very first lines of this blog, where you say it's not running related :) For what it's worth, I think that means a lot more to me to read about someone's PR on a race or training challenges when I know a little bit about what makes them tick. You can only read so many equipment reviews and race reviews before you seriously want to gag sometimes, and that's one thing I like about your blog; It's unique and personal. Keep up the good work, and happy running, always :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have so much respect for people with hearts like that. Good luck to her!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a sweet post, I'll have to head over and check hers out!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very admirable and inspiring. Does she already speak Spanish? She'll learn fast! Those kids are lucky to have her.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a great blog, Keep it up, you can keep an inspiring post even though it is not related to running. More power! ~ spyder ski ~

    ReplyDelete